Sunday, December 2, 2012

Day 1- Salt Dough Ornaments

Salt Dough ornaments have been something I have done since I was little. The best part about it is that the recipe to make is SO easy! I got this recipe from another blog, but I added some of my own stuff to the recipe. The pictures I will use are from the blog www.nestofposies-blog.com.

Here is the recipe:
4 cups of flour
1 cup salt
Food coloring- Tried Red and turned pink, try using just the color of the salt dough for your first time.
Large Mixing Bowl
Water to moisten- try starting with 2 cups of water and keep adding until dough with stick together like play dough
cookie sheet
a small rolling pin or wooden dowel
a drinking straw
ribbon
a plate for a guide
paint *if desired

Make the dough by adding the salt water and flour together in a bowl
 
Roll out the dough to where their is a thickness. Press your hand in the dough. Add a hole for ribbon by pressing a straw above the hand print.

Bake for an 1 hour on 150- 175, it probably will need to bake a little longer than this. If you don't want to bake you can air dry all night.

No comments:

Post a Comment